Impact of your Donations
What does teaching kids about the mechanics of flight, the development of globally aware leaders, and the demonstration of reasoning skills through a friendly game of chess have in common? These are just some of the incredible outcomes of our partner organizations. Read on to understand the impact of your donations – remember, every dollar counts.
- $7 per month provides access to an after-school chess club for a student for a year.
- $20 will pay for a tutor to assist students with their homework for two hours.
- $35 a month will enroll a child in the Oregon Health Plan.
- $50 a month sponsors a nature field trip for three classrooms.
- $55 per month supports one home garden, including installation, seeds, plants, supplies, classes, newsletter and mentoring.
- $50 a month will provide food for five days for ten families in crisis.
- $75 will pay for respite services for one low-income senior.
- $150 will help a child flourish in school by providing a learning specialist to develop an accelerated learning plan to address the student’s academic needs.
- $167 a month pays for a teen who has committed to staying in school and out of the juvenile system to participate in leadership development activities for one school year.
- $240 a year provides classroom materials for a former inmate as she works her way out of the prison system towards being a self-sufficient, contributing member of society.
- $250 per month sponsors a school chess club for a year, including t-shirts and chess boards for each member, 50 hours of chess instruction and free entrance to chess tournaments at all levels.