What is Workplace Giving?A workplace giving campaign is an annual, employer-sponsored charitable campaign which allows employees to support non-profit organizations through payroll deduction, cash, check and credit card. Often, the employer matches the employees’ gift, doubling the support going to the charity.
How Does It Work?
Once a year, workplace giving campaigns are held at many companies. Click here to view the list. During this time, employees have the opportunity to learn about participating charities, meet their staff and grant recipients and learn more about how their support would make an impact. There are often hundreds of choices, so everyone can find causes they resonate with.
The Role of the Black United Fund of Oregon
We serve as a liaison between the charities we represent and various employer groups. We evaluate all our member charities annually, giving a highly trained perspective, so companies and employee donors can feel confident that charities they support are meeting high standards of performance and financial integrity.
- Make Workplace Giving Campaigns more efficient and effective, so employers can be more responsive to employees’ charitable interests.
- Ensure donors are presented with giving options that meet the highest standards of efficiency, ethics and public accountability.
- We know how busy you are, and utilizing our vast knowledge of employee giving campaigns will make the process easy and efficient.
- We represent the critical work of small grass root charities in Oregon and SW Washington.
- Offering Workplace Giving Campaigns increases your employee morale and retention.
- We review our partner charities annually to ensure high standards of performance and financial integrity.
- Helping you support causes that reflect the diversity of your employees.
Helping Employee Donors:
- You work hard for your money and deserve to know that it is being used efficiently. You can feel confident that the charities we support are credible organizations that meet the high performance standards.
- We offer an efficient process, so you can rest assured that the maximum amount of your gift will go directly to the charity of your choice.
- Workplace giving is one of the lowest cost methods of fundraising for charities, and we make it possible for small organizations to participate.
- We help to create exposure for small grassroots nonprofits that do so much for the community.
To learn more, contact Christina Jenkins at or 503-282-7973.
Click here to start your Workplace Giving Campaign.